On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Blue Band, Pureit and Suave. For us, sustainability is integral to how we do business. With 7 billion people on our planet, the earth’s resources can be strained. This means sustainable growth is the only acceptable model of growth for our business. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan sets out to decouple our growth from our environmental impact, while at the same time increasing our positive social impact. Our Plan has three big goals that by 2020 will enable us to:
– Help more than a billion people to improve their health and well-being. – Halve the environmental footprint of our products.
– Source 100% of our agricultural raw materials sustainably and enhance the livelihoods of people across our value chain.
We believe that as a business we have a responsibility to our consumers and to the communities in which we have a presence. Around the world we invest in local economies and develop people’s skills inside and outside of Unilever. And through our business and brands, we run a range of programmes to promote hygiene, nutrition, empowerment and environmental awareness.
• Is responsible for manufacturing resource scheduling (material, manpower, utilities, plant capability)
• Is responsible for proposing capital CAPEX projects for execution
• Is responsible for driving agreed Supply Chain strategy on the shop floor • Assists Planner in the preparation of weekly, cycle and annual production plans
• Plans to meet increases in capacity indicated by long term sales forecasts
• Implement department specific HR processes, which deliver HR strategy and business objective, eg Management of Leave/employee Self-Service/annual reviews, etc
• Assists the Innovation Teams in implementation of Innovation Programme
• Co-operates wit the SHEQ Team in planning and implementation of safety/environmental and quality assurance programmes
• Co-operates with the Quality Assurance Manager in the delivery of total Quality
• Co-operates with Engineering Manager in the delivery of plant reliability
• Co-operates with the Man. Ex Manager in the planning and implementation of TPM/continuous improvement activities
• Co-operates in the preparation of the training programmes for subordinate
• Prepares annual work plans and appraisals of his subordinate managers and conducts appraisal interviews